Stephen Beus Recital
2006 American Pianists Awards winner Stephen Beus returns to Indianapolis for a free performance at Christ Church Cathedral on Monument Circle.
- Griffes: Barcarolle, Op. 6 No. 1
- Bach: Fugue in D minor, BWV 903
- Schönberg: Leicht, zart from Sechs kleine Klavierstücke, Op. 19
- Handel: Fugue in F Major, HWV 427
- Schönberg: Langsam from Sechs kleine Klavierstücke, Op. 19
- Beethoven: Fugue: Allegro risoluto from Sonata Op. 106 "Hammerklavier"
- Liszt: Am Rhein im schönen Strome
- Lassen-Liszt: Löse, Himmel, meine Seele
- Chopin-Liszt: Mädchens Wunsch
- Schubert-Liszt: Gretchen am Spinnrade
- Liszt: Mephisto Waltz
Born and raised on a farm in eastern Washington, Stephen began lessons at age five and made his orchestral debut four years later. He went on to win numerous national and international competitions throughout his youth, capturing the attention of both audiences and critics. Commenting on Stephen’s competition success, Fanfare magazine writes: “In some ways Beus doesn’t fit the mold of the typical competition winner. His playing is strikingly original and, despite his youth, he has an interpretive voice all his own… Above all, his playing is so natural as to seem effortless and the sound he produces has extraordinary richness and depth, not quite like anyone else’s.”
Stephen Beus is a Steinway Artist and currently teaches at Brigham Young University.