LIVE from the American Pianists Awards
Night 2 of the Gala Finals, April 8, 2017, 8pm, featuring two finalists performing piano concertos with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Gerard Schwarz.
- Steven Lin - Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op. 43
- Alex Beyer - Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 3 in C Major, Op. 26
Night 1 of the Gala Finals, April 7, 2017, 8pm, featuring three finalists performing piano concertos with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Gerard Schwarz.
- Henry Kramer - Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Major
- Drew Petersen - Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 2 in G Minor, Op. 16
- Sam Hong - Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 18
The American Pianists Awards are held every two years to discover the best aspiring young American jazz or classical pianists. The unique and innovative competitions span 13 months and provide a platform to deeply engage musical artists in a variety of creative formats and settings. Winners receive cash and two years of career advancement and support valued at over $100,000, making this one of the most coveted prizes in the music world and the largest for American jazz pianists.